Comment les voyageurs peuvent-ils se préparer aux activités physiques en vue d'expériences et ou d'aventures Airbnb ?
Airbnb has partnered with the American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent to provide our community with general safety resources. These resources, applicable in 191 countries, were developed by the Red Cross Red Crescent’s Global Disaster Preparedness Center, which is an international reference center created to build a global community for disaster preparedness innovation and learning.
In an emergency situation please contact local police or emergency services immediately.
From hiking to surfing, physical safety is important. Below are some best practices and tips to help you stay safe during physical activities. Remember, you are the best judge of your own capabilities. Trust your judgment, and if you ever feel uncomfortable, speak up.
What to bring with you to the experience
Here are some materials to consider using for every kind of physical activity.
- Water or electrolyte sports beverages
- First aid kit
- Ice packs
- Blood/heart pressure monitor
- Your country’s first aid app
- Your country’s hazards app
Before the activity
Here are some recommendations before you participate in physical activities:
- Sleep properly (6–8 hours) the night before the activity
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking any substance that might affect your heart rate and awareness
- Have a substantial and healthy meal before the activity (ex: fruits, protein, and carbohydrates) and avoid food with grease and spices that might irritate the stomach
- Ask the host of the experience what the level of difficulty of the activity is in terms of time, distance, altitude, and effort—be conscious of your age and physical condition before you sign up for an activity
- Check the forecast and use appropriate clothing and shoes
- Identify the closest medical center in case of an emergency
Tips for during the activity
During the activity it’s important to check your health condition. Here are some suggested tips:
- Before starting a physical activity, warm up and stretch the body for at least 10 minutes
- Check blood pressure and breathing frequency minutes before
- Have a good amount of water or electrolyte sports beverages within your reach—it is not recommended to drink liquids all the time, only when you feel thirsty
- Use sunblock, wear a hat, and protect yourself from the sun by standing under shaded areas when possible
- Write down an emergency contact number—having a simple emergency card with you will ensure time to reach a family member or friend (sometimes accessing emergency contact numbers on mobile phones takes more time)
- Be aware of the surroundings and keep your belongings close
- In outdoor activities share your location through mobile apps, devices, or GPS transmitters—in some areas, the mobile network could be inefficient, so we recommend sharing your location with your host as well as a relative or friend who is not attending the activity
Tips for after the activity
After physical activity, the human body needs a cool down phase. Here are some tips for recovery:
- Drink water or electrolyte sports beverages until you feel satisfied
- Eat healthy food that provides energy such as fruits, nuts, almonds, and protein bars
- Pain in any part of the body could be a sore muscle—if the pain persists, it is recommended to check with a doctor
- Headaches could be a sign of dehydration, which means it is important to drink water or an electrolyte sports beverage
We recommend that all guests and hosts engaging in an experience prepare an emergency plan in case of a natural disaster or any other kind of emergency that could occur during an experience. Find out more about making an emergency plan.
Airbnb provided trip protections
All multi-day trips include 24/7 community support. We also maintain $1,000,000 USD of liability insurance under our Experience Protection Insurance program, in order to provide hosts and guests with peace of mind (certain exclusions apply). Additionally, in the event of a life-threatening injury, we also have partnered with an emergency medevac provider that may be activated to reach an injured party to support a medically necessary evacuation.
Courtesy of the American Red Cross. ©2019 The American National Red Cross. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, visit redcross.org.
Sur le même sujet
- VoyageurExpériences en plein air : conseils pour les voyageursLes expériences en plein air offrent la possibilité d'effectuer des activités qui peuvent nécessiter un niveau de préparation supérieur à vo…
- Hôte d'expérienceAnnulation d'une réservation en tant qu'hôte d'expérienceVous pouvez annuler un créneau de votre expérience dans votre calendrier. Les voyageurs recevront une notification et un remboursement intég…
- VoyageurSe comporter en voyageur respectueuxQu'il s'agisse de vous présenter dans la section biographie de votre profil ou de laisser des commentaires honnêtes, les échanges avec les a…