Excellent Royal Oak Location!! Our home is centrally located in the best area of Metro-Detroit -- Royal Oak is super safe (an upper class professionals neighborhood) and convenient, all highways providing easy access anywhere. Plentiful of restaurants, grocery stores, shopping, malls, downtown areas, and everything you need. We're walking distance to the best Burger in the world (my opinion) at RedCoat Tavern and for those working at Beaumont Hospital you can't get any closer!
The home has 3 bedrooms and one shared bathroom. We stocked the home just for you, every bedroom has everything you need and the Kitchen is fully stocked with plates, pots, pans, cutlery, and more. Washer and Dryer are provided for your use free of charge and even the laundry soap too!
Your Bedroom is a Private Bedroom with lock and key, your own computer desk and comfy chair. Your own TV, Roku and Netflix with WiFi access -- enjoy :)
Book soon to save your space today!
Beaumont Hospital & Redcoat Tavern - Walking Distance
Somerset Mall - 5 minutes
Downtown Birmingham - 2 minutes
Downtown Royal Oak/Berkley - 3 minutes
Downtown Ferndale - 5 minutes
Downtown Detroit and Casinos - 20 minutes
One off-street driveway parking included. Additional parking available on-street (behind the home). The home has a single driveway so cars will have to move around to allow other cars to leave. If this bothers you, you can simply park on the street behind the home.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We look forward to hosting you soon!
Here’s the ‘not so fun’ part - The House Rules
The Golden Rule - - Treat our home like you would your Mom’s home
For those who need clarity, this means:
1) Absolutely no smoking or drugs (inside or outside of the home). If it’s likely to get you in trouble with the police, we just don’t want that at our home, nor do other guests want the smoke smell. No heavy smokers please.
2) Visitors must be announced BEFORE you book your reservation. We need to consider how many people are staying in the home, we might not have the space for them. Thus if you plan to have any visitors at any point in time, please discuss it with us before booking. Only those discussed at the time of booking may enter the home.
3) Clean up after yourself - If you do not want to clean your dishes, then go eat at a restaurant :) Any cooking/dishes used must be cleaned immediately - do not leave food/dishes/pots in your room or uncleaned in the sink, please. Please be mindful of what you put in the fridge and clean out your unused items at the end of your stay.
4) Let’s consider the environment, please. Please be mindful to turn off lights when not using them and close and lock doors/windows when using the A/C or heat.
5) Postal mail - guests are not allowed to receive packages or use our address as their mailing address. Do not sign for letters/packages at our home.
6) Extra fees - Guests agree to be responsible for damaging bedding and any stains, along with missing items from their room or kitchen, including broken glasses. Please be respectful to our fully stocked home, if something is broken, simply go to Target/Walmart/Meijer and buy a replacement. The guests agree to the following extra fees, if applicable: $300 smoking fee, $300 cigarette butts left fee, $106 lost key / lock out fee (bedroom), $318 lost key / lock out fee (main door). Guests also agree to pay full price for lost/damaged items, damages to washer/dryer, damages to plumbing due to flushing objects, or damages caused by their car for parking on the grass.
Some notes about the home
Check-in time: Our listed check-in time is between 3:00pm and 10:00pm. We have electronic door access for guests and the host will not be present upon guest check-in.
Typically guests can arrive earlier, but your room may or may not be ready. You are welcome to settle down in the living room and use the bathroom/shower if desired while your room is being ready. We no longer accommodate late night Check-in’s because if you are checking in at 2:00am it causes disturbances to other guests and we are not available to assist if you need help at these hours since we are sleeping :)
Check-out time: 11:00am
Please note that sometimes we clean your room right at 11:00am and you should be vacated from your room on time otherwise it causes delays for the next guest. Please leave your room key on your desk inside the room and keep your door unlocked.
Our home is set up as shared accommodation and likely you will meet other Airbnb guests during your stay. Many of our Airbnb guests have made long lasting friendships at our home and most have extended their stay. Our homes have between 3-5 bedrooms with one shared bathroom and guests will need to work together on any bathroom schedule. Since many of our guests are physicians at nearby hospitals, many guests are typically at work a lot and this doesn’t pose an ordeal.
The home is fully stocked and the Kitchen has a gas stove. Please ensure the gas knob on the stove is turned off when not using the gas stove. Please keep to light cooking, no cooking with heavy smells and no use of foods that stain our counters/sinks. Sometimes things run out and we will replace them when we can. The hosts are not living on-site and we also have our own lives - so we will get to any issues as soon as practical for us.
The home has CCTV on premises for security reasons. Guests are not allowed to view footage under any circumstances so please do not ask.
Parking can sometimes get tight, especially if you do not know where to park. We have a single driveway with space to fit one car per booking and we have a parking map on the fridge that works if you park in your appropriate space. If your car is blocked in you will need to communicate with the other guests to move it. Please ensure that you are legal to drive and do not drink and drive.
A/C and Heat - The A/C and Heat are remotely controlled by the host. Guests agree that they will not disturb the controls. The hosts set the temperatures as follows: Summer A/C at 72 degrees and Winter heat at 68 degrees. Since the temperature in the home is not consistent and some rooms are warmer/cooler than others, this is the desired temperature we selected. Please note that upstairs is more warm and the basement is cooler. If you are sensitive with the temperature, this may not be the best place for you to stay.
Allergies - If guests are sensitive to allergies, dust, bugs, dampness, water, mildew, or mold, this may not be the best place for you to stay.
Basement - The basement is not fully finished. The washer and dryer are located in the unfinished portion of the basement as well. A couple years ago, the neighborhood experienced severe flooding, and all houses had flooding, hence the risk of flooding does occur. Do not leave your valuables on the floor in the basement. Guests who are uncomfortable with this should not book any of our listings.
Home condition - We think our home is very cozy, cute and homey, but people all have their own opinions. The homes in Michigan in general were built mostly in the 1950’s and they are old and starting to wear. If you prefer a newer modern home, then please book the home that fits your preferences. 99.9% of our guests are very happy and extend their stay, some guests have been coming for 5+ years.
Complaints - Guests agree to check the home fully when they check-in, even if they check-in late and are tired. If the guest has any issues they shall communicate on the Airbnb message thread immediately on their check-in date. Guests agree that no complaints will be entertained after they have stayed two or more nights and especially no complaints will be entertained after guests have completed their stay.
Cet hôte a 279 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires